What's new on CPAN - March 2017
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
APIs & Apps
- CPAN::Upload::Tiny a tiny CPAN uploader
- Fetch streamable URLs from radio-station websites using IHeartRadio::Streams
- kritika.io is a code quality service for Perl, use its API with App::Kritika
- Access the Megaport API with Megaport
- Use the Money Over IP v2 API (Brazilian) with Net::Moip::V2
- Net::Zendesk is a thin and lightweight interface for Zendesk’s API
- WebService::Braintree is a fork of Net::Braintree for the Braintree Payment Services Gateway API
Config & Devops
- Install the C libxml2 library on your system with Alien::Libxml2
- Checkout Module::Build::FFI and Alien::Base::ModuleBuild if you want to distribute Alien modules with Build.PL
- Glib::FindMinVersion find the minimum version of GLib needed to compile C source
- Manage LXC containers with Linux::LXC
- Net::SSH::Putty execute SSH sessions with Putty in batch mode
- Bytes::Random::XS generate random bytes in C!
- Convert::Color::HSLuv convert between RGB, CIEXYZ, CIELUV, CIELCh, HSLuv, HPLuv color spaces
- DBIx::Class::ResultSet::SetControl provides convenient looping over DBIC resultsets
- Protocol::FIX a Financial Information eXchange (FIX) parser/serializer
- Starch::Plugin::SecureStateID use cryptographically secure random when making state IDs for Starch
Development & Version Control
- Support line-oriented command interpreters with Cmd::Interpreter
- Forks::Queue a queue that can be shared across processes - neat!
- IO::SigGuard provides signal protection for sysread/syswrite EINTR errors
- Get a minimal mailing list manager with Sietima
- Sort::HashKeys provides a faster hash key sort using XS
- X::Tiny is a lightweight exception framework
- Declare constants and export them automatically using exported::constants
- RPi::ADC::MCP3008 is an interface to the MCP3008 analog to digital converter (ADC) on Raspberry Pi
Language & International
- Describe time duration in Spanish using Time::Duration::es
Science & Mathematics
- NanoB2B::NER - turns labeled text lines into ARFF files, as part of an effort to “automatically extract and synthesize knowledge and trends in nanotechnology research” - cool!
- Use websockets in Perl with Net::WebSocket
- Web::AssetLib is a static asset pipeline manager - looks very capable
- Wurm is a new web framework based on fold-r. The docs are entertaining. Bravo!
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub