What's new on CPAN - April 2015
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
Module of the month
Dancer::Plugin::Test::Jasmine by Yanick Champoux provides a way to inject Jasmine tests into Dancer applications. So cool!
APIs & Apps
- App::Tangerine is a terminal app for reporting module dependencies
- App::PAUSE::TimeMachine lets you view the PAUSE package list over time
- Get slack notifications about Git releases with App::GitHooks::Plugin::NotifyReleasesToSlack
- Data::CouchDB is an API for CouchDB the document database
- WebService::Minecraft::Fishbans provides an API for searching Minecraft banned user services
Config & DevOps
- Alien::Electron will install the awesome electron framework
- palien is a command line app for interfacing with Alien::Base based distributions
- Query FreeBSD for a list of running jails using FreeBSD::Jails
- Are you missing all those lovely modules that were discarded from the Perl core? Then you’ll love Bundle::ExCore
- Net::JBoss provides bindings for the JBoss Management API
- Amazon::DynamoDB::Simple provides an simplified API for Amazon’s DynamoDB, but requires data in 2 AWS regions.
- Another AWS project, Paws is an ambitious attempt at unified framework covering all AWS services
- JSON::XS::Sugar provides super fast JSON serialization with fine-grained control of boolean values
- Useful for database development,Data::ShortNameProvider will generate short names unlikely to clash with existing ones
Development and Version Control
- Test::Subunits, a new module from Damian Conway, extracts subunit tests from code, or runs inline unit tests. Wowl!
- Throw and delay exceptions with Exception::Delayed
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Munge::Whitespace will strip trailing whitespace from files
- Trace the origin of loaded modules using Devel::Module::Trace
- MooX::Role::Chatty is a configurable progress message reporter
Two new BusPirate modules from Paul Evans:
- Acme::Text::Shorten::ForTwitter shortens Twitter text in a clever, extensible way
- Create beautiful photo websites with Photography::Website. Check out the example. A command line app is also available.
- Great new Catalyst feature: Catalyst::Plugin::MapComponentDependencies provides dependency handling for Catalyst components
- Mojo::JWT provides JSON web tokens for Mojolicious
- Send messages to users of your Dancer2 web app using Dancer2::Plugin::Growler
This article was originally posted on PerlTricks.com.
Something wrong with this article? Help us out by opening an issue or pull request on GitHub